Before you start to design and implement your recommendation widgets, we recommend that you read these pages to get a better understanding of what Predict can do for you and your business.
Here we describe what we regard as the absolute minimum best practices that you should follow to take proper advantage of the automated revenue generation Predict can provide.
Comparing your customers’ own browsing and purchase data with your product catalog, the Predict widgets can place the right content for each individual visitor on all of your web pages, as well as provide up-to-date recommendations for your email campaigns.
Predict Web Recommendation Examples
The Web Recommender widgets can be placed in any page on your website. They can display a variety of cross- and up-sell recommendations in different locations, in order to make the most of the customer’s visit to your site. The Web Recommender examples showcase the following widgets:
- Home (Predictive Homepage) – A fully personalized home page experience; it displays a personally relevant list of topics organized into relevant sections.
- Personal – Personalized recommendations which match a visitor’s known characteristics and interests.
- Related – Similar items to those currently being viewed.
- Also Bought – Items that have often been bought alongside those currently being viewed.
- Cart – Complementary or related items to those left in a shopping cart.
- Category – Personalized recommendations within a specific category, for enhanced targeting or product promotion.
Predict Email Recommendation Examples
The Email Recommender widgets can be used in virtually any email. However, this product can be highly effective when used in conjunction with the Suite Automation Center, since you can then control when and how to send the message, as well as what content to send.
- Mail Personal – Delivers personalized product recommendations to email recipients based on recent browse and purchase history.
- Cart Abandoned – Delivers the last items left in a cart by the email recipient, as well as product recommendations related to these.
- Post Purchase – Cross- & up-sell recommendations based on the items purchased.
Our experience has shown us that where and how you place your widgets can have a major impact on their efficacy, so we want to you get it right first time. The use cases are based around a typical buying process where the visitor browses items, decides whether to add them to the shopping cart, and ends the session either by purchasing them or abandoning them in the cart.
The image below illustrates how these examples can be followed in order to optimize and automate revenue generation along the buying process. Click the image to see it in full size.