Emarsys for Magento is compatible with the following Magento versions:
- Community version 1.7
- Community version 1.8
- Community version 1.9
- Magento Enterprise 1.12
- Magento Enterprise 1.13
- Magento Enterprise 1.14
Before you can install Emarsys for Magento you need an Emarsys API account. Please contact Emarsys Support if you do not already have one.
If you have ever used a previous Magento integration from Emarsys, please make sure that this has been uninstalled.
You will also need to do the following:
- For Community Editions older than 1.8, and Enterprise Editions older than 1.13.1, make sure to replace the
curl.phpfile located in MAGE_ROOT_DIR/lib/Varien/Http/Adapter/ (the replacement file is provided by Emarsys).
curl.phpfile cannot handle the headers passed from the Suite API, and will not show the list of fields on the mapping page.
- Make sure your server’s PHP memory limit is set to a minimum of 512 MB.
This is because some extension jobs are large and require increased PHP memory.
- Make sure the PHP SOAP extension is enabled on your Magento host. Your hosting provider can check this for you.
This is needed to be enable to allow API communication between the Extension and Magento.
- If Installed, AOE scheduler should be updated to the latest version.
The old version has little-to-no documentation, and includes several bugs and functions that block the extension.
- Set your Magento Cron to run on a 5-minutes basis.
Some scheduled jobs are too large for the Magento scheduler to handle, and will timeout if attempted. You can check the Magento documentation for instructions on how to do this or ask your Magento provider to do it for you.
- If you are using Smart Insight, ask Emarsys Support for the FTPS credentials. Also, make sure that your Magento hosting provider allows outgoing connections to the address exchange.si.emarsys.net over the ports TCP21 and TCP32000-32500.
An FTPS/SFTP is required for SI data exports, and the connection must not be whitelisted.
- Make sure you have the necessary access level to install extensions from the Magento Marketplace in your Magento shop.
- Admin access to both the staging and production panels is required for Emarsys to support the Extension, as well as SSH access to your webserver (direct SSH access is preferred, but not mandatory, as long as there is a resource on your side that can access the server when required).
Create two custom fields in Emarsys called:
- Magento Customer ID
- Magento Subscriber ID
Please note that these field names are case-sensitive (e.g. Magento customer id won’t work).
You can obtain the Emarsys for Magento installation package from Emarsys Support (a request form is available from the Magento Marketplace).
Once you have the package, you should install it in your Magento shop as following:
- Log in your Magento back-end (admin) and navigate to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager. Here you will be asked to enter your login credentials again.
Under Direct package file upload, browse to the latest Emarsys for Magento package (a .tgz file) provided by Emarsys Support and upload it:
- After successfully uploading the file, return to the Magento admin module and navigate to System / Cache Management and flush the Magento Cache and the Cache Storage. After this you must log out and then log in again.
Now that Emarsys for Magento is installed, you will see a new section in the System / Configuration menu:
Click Suite Settings to configure the plugin settings.
These should be as follows:
- Enabled – Select Yes to enable the plugin.
- Debug – We recommend always choosing Yes here to enable additional debugging logs. The logs are useful for tracking the export activity as we start exporting contacts and sales files later on.
- Plugin profiler – You can choose Yes or No to enable or disable this. In some Magento versions, Debug and Plugin profiler cannot be enabled together, so this control has been added to give you the option of switching one of them off.
- Clean module log files and Download module log files – These buttons can be used at a later stage to help you view and clear the log files as you proceed with the setup.
- Cron service API ping – This must be Enabled, since it allows the extension to establish that the connection is still active. If the ping isn’t enabled, the API calls will begin to queue, limiting the real-time features.
- Suite API Username and Suite API Password – Enter your Emarsys API credentials (not your Emarsys account credentials!), then click Test connection to check that you have entered these correctly. The Test connection button should turn green to signal that the connection has been established between Magento and your B2C Marketing Cloud account.
- Click Save Config to save your settings.
Your integration is now installed, and you can move on to the individual feature settings.