- The Overview tab
- Preventive Checks
- Your Current Results
- Deliverability Engagement Score
The Deliverability Advisor is one of our Deliverability Tools that analyzes your email campaigns and provides highly targeted guidance on how to optimize your content to keep great deliverability at the front of your email marketing strategy.
The Deliverability Advisor is available on the CMS toolbar of any template-based email or old HTML email (not custom HTML emails or block-based emails) and provides all the information you need to feel confident that you are doing everything you can to uphold the high Emarsys standards of permission-based email marketing.
The most important parts of this feature are the Preventative Check, which analyzes the content of your email campaigns, and your Deliverability Engagement Score, which ranks your campaign performance against the Emarsys global averages.
A guide to interpreting this report, and advice on how to correct any issues, can be found here: Fixing Your Deliverability Issues.
The Overview tab
Emarsys runs a number of checks on your email campaigns which are designed to highlight how well you are following our Email Best Practices. With the help of these checks, you are kept from sending email campaigns with obvious deliverability issues. This results in better Trend reporting numbers because of higher engagement and fewer negative metrics (i.e. bounces, unsubscribes, spams).
Email Content Checks
- Personalization – This checks whether you use contact personalization, conditional text or section targeting.
- Mail message size – This checks for the ideal size, which is max. 300KB.
- Phishing images check – This checks whether your email contains image links which are not secure.
- Phishing links check – This checks whether your email contains links which are not secure.
Email Basics Checks
These are email authentication/domain and IP checks. When you want to send an email from a specific domain (e.g. emarsys.com), different checks show whether the email can be authenticated or not. With the help of this, spoof emails which pretend to come from the same domain can be eliminated. All of these checks are stored in DNS records. These are the DNS records we check:
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) – The allowed IP addresses are listed in the SPF record. If the email provider does not find the IP address in the SPF record, it rather sends the email to the spam folder or rejects it.
- DKIM – The sender server generates a DKIM signature for the email. When a DKIM record is set for the sender domain, the email provider compares the DKIM signature of the email to the one in the DKIM record. If the configuration is not proper, the email will also be lost.
- DMARC – If the email is found to have a properly defined DNS record (e.g. SPF) but fails for another record (e.g. DKIM), an instruction to follow is found in the DMARC record. For example, it can state that in this case, the email needs to be rejected (not only go to spam). Emarsys determines the DMARC settings for your complete protection, so you must make sure that you follow these.
- Sender ID – This checks your email message content, so it can tell whether your IP address and From address in the header are acceptable or not.
- Subject line – The length and proper wording of the subject line can also be checked here.
Your Current Results
Deliverability Engagement Score (DES)
The DES summarizes the engagement levels of your contacts and presents this in a series of metrics, allowing you to check your deliverability based on real facts and not gut feeling. It compares your open, click and unsubscribe rates by domain against what we expect from our other clients, and uses these to award you a numeric score.
For more information on how the DES is calculated, please see: Your Deliverability Engagement Score.