- Is it possible to match responses individual contacts?
- Can users opt out from receiving ads?
- Are my Lookalike Audiences comprised exclusively of new leads and prospects?
- How many audiences and campaigns can I create through Emarsys?
- When and why should I remove contacts from audiences in the Automation Center?
- How often can audiences be refreshed?
- Is there a limit to the size or number of my audiences?
- Is the cost of media included in the CRM Ads product, and how much should I budget?
- How do I use my existing Facebook/Google Ads account with CRM Ads?
- How can I A/B test my ad campaigns in Emarsys?
- What does the status Pending on Network mean?
- How is this different from Facebook Custom Audiences?
- How can I control how many of my ads will Facebook users see?
- How many of my Emarsys accounts can have Facebook Ads connect to Emarsys?
Is it possible to match responses individual contacts?
No that’s not possible. Just as we do not share your data with the networks, they do not share the data they have with us. We get the reporting on the campaign level, not the contact level.
Are my Lookalike Audiences comprised exclusively of new leads and prospects?
Not necessarily. The networks will automatically exclude the users in the source audience, but it does not check to see if the users it selects for the lookalike audience are already in your database (or indeed in another custom audience). It is therefore possible that some existing contacts will also appear in lookalike audiences. To avoid this, when launching the Ads campaign from within the network you should explicitly exclude all your other audiences.
How many audiences and campaigns can I create through Emarsys?
You can create as many audiences and campaigns as you like. However:
When and why should I remove contacts from audiences in the Automation Center?
To keep your ads budget spend optimally targeted, you should always think about removing a contact from an audience once they have converted, as shown in the blueprint Remove converted contacts from ads.
How can I control how many of my ads will Facebook users see?
There is currently no capping functionality available within Emarsys, but Facebook restricts the Newsfeed ads(desktop and mobile) to 2-3 impressions per user, per day. Therefore, if you exclude Right-side ads from your campaign, you will automatically have this default capping in place. If you include Right-side ads, you cannot control how many ads the users will see in total.
How often can audiences be refreshed?
It can take the networks a few hours to match an audience once it has received a request (though this usually happens much faster). Emarsys sends audience updates:
Is there a limit to the size or number of my audiences?
You can create up to 100 audiences in total, and an audience may contain up to 20 million contacts. However, the daily sync of segment-based audiences is limited to 30 million total contacts (contacts appearing in multiple audiences are counted multiple times). If the daily sync approaches this total you will be notified and if the total is exceeded the sync will fail. In this case, no audiences are synced and the daily routine will only resume when the total has fallen below 30 million.
Is the cost of media included in the CRM Ads product, and how much should I budget?
The cost of media is not included and billed separately by Facebook and Google. Your network ads accounts will connect to Emarsys with your credit line. The minimum budget will depend on your use case and the amount of contacts you are expecting to target, but given that you are limiting targeting to just your own customers, the media budgets are relatively small.
How do I use my existing Facebook/Google Ads account with CRM Ads?
You will authorize the CRM Ads app to access your existing Facebook or Google Ads account to create and manage audiences on your behalf. Billing is handled directly between you and the network.
How can I A/B test my ad campaigns in Emarsys?
The easiset way is to use the Automation Center and split your contacts into a control group so that you can compare the average spend of hte two groups, as shown in the Multie-channel welcome program blueprint.
How is this different from Facebook Custom Audiences?
Facebook Custom Audiences is a Facebook targeting solution that allows a marketer to match their own contact lists to user profiles in Facebook. CRM Ads takes this functionality and seamlessly integrates it into the Emarsys platform, meaning you can:
- Use the sophisticated segmentation of Emarsys (customer lifecycle stages, email responses, purchase and browse history, etc.) to create highly specific micro-segments.
- Create your ads and audiences within Emarsys, ensuring consistent messaging across all channels.
- Use the Automation Center to add Facebook to your automated engagement campaigns, adding contacts to audiences in real time based on their behavior, and removing them again afterwards.
Improve your ROAS (Return On Ad Spend) by only targeting contacts at specific times, and for shorter durations, with highly personalized content matching their customer lifecycle stage at precisely that moment.
What does the status Pending on network mean?
This status means that the network is processing the successfully transferred audience. Please note that for Facebook this process may take up to 1 hour to complete but for Google it can take up to 24 hours to complete. This status is only shown for segment audiences.
How many of my Emarsys accounts can have Facebook Ads connect to Emarsys?
The price for CRM Ads includes connecting to one Emarsys account. You can connect to more, but there will be additional costs; please contact your Success Manager.
Are email addresses shared with the networks?
No. We send cryptographic hashes in place of email addresses to the network via API, so the networks can never see email addresses that they do not already have. Furthermore, all the networks that we partner with have documented privacy and information security practices related to Custom Audiences, which you can read here:
This diagram illustrates the encryption workflow: