There are various ways to delete contacts and contact lists in Emarsy. When you delete a contact their entry in the database will be deleted but they will still be counted in the reporting for the campaigns they responded to. This is why, when you drill down in these reports to view the contacts, you may find that the number of contacts displayed is different to the total shown in the report.
- Deleting individual contacts
- Deleting entire lists of contacts
- Deleting a contact in a contact list
- Deleting a contact list but not the contacts in it
Deleting individual contacts
To delete a single contact, you can:
- Use the API endpoint Deleting a contact.
- Search for them using the Search function and click to delete them from your database.
- Open a segment or list to display the contacts and click to delete them from your database.
Deleting entire lists of contacts
To delete a batch of contacts you can:
Use the API endpoint Deleting a contact, passing multiple contact IDs (up to 1,000 per call) in an array.
- Create a contact list out of them and then go to Admin > Delete Contacts.
Click to delete the list and all the contacts in it.
- This is a useful to clean up your database (for example by deleting all contacts who you know to be invalid).
- Deleting a large list may take a few minutes.
- In order to delete contacts, you need administrator rights.
Deleting a contact in a contact list
You can also delete a contact in a list by clicking the icon to display the contacts. You can now:
- – Edit a contact’s properties.
- – Remove a contact from the contact list.
- – Delete a contact from your database.
Deleting a contact list but not the contacts in it
If you only want to remove a contact list from your account without touching any of the contacts in it, you can:
- Use the API endpoint Deleting a Contact List.
- Go to Contacts > Contact Lists and click to remove the contact list.